Module Construction Set
The Delptronics Module Construction Set makes building DIY Eurorack modules easy! With the Construction Set, a module consists of two circuit boards connected together by male and female headers. No more flying wires to connect panel parts to your protoboard, and no L-brackets needed.
The Module Construction Set is not a kit. It is for DIY module builders who can read a schematic and build a circuit on a breadboard or protoboard. The circuit boards used by the Module Construction Set are laid out the same as a breadboard.
There is even a Panel Maker web app for making panels out of PCBs - with no circuit board design experience needed!
- A flexible grid layout that can accommodate up to eight controls
- Room for two additional pushbuttons, and two LEDs
- Up to eight jacks
- Available in 10 HP, 8 HP, or 4 HP.
- A familiar layout similar to a protoboard or solderless breadboard
- A Eurorack power header - prewired to the power rails
- Reverse power protection diodes
- Power supply filtering capacitors.
- Space for a voltage regulator (if your circuit needs 5V or 3.3V)
- Mounting holes for securing the board to the control board with an 11mm spacer
Note that the 10 and 8 HP control boards are connected parallel to their corresponding component board, while the 4 HP control board is connected perpendicular to a 10 or 8 HP component board.
8HP vs 10 HP
The control boards have spaces for the same number and type of parts, just spread out more. The main difference between the 8 HP and 10 HP component boards is that the 10 HP is easier to work with. The 10 HP design emerged from comments from students using the MCS in classes. Some students found the 8 HP boards a bit cramped.
The 8 HP component board has the V+ and V- power rails running down the center. That makes it a bit harder to connect power to chips and other parts. The 10 HP component board has the power rails along the edges for easier wiring. That also creates an extra pad for each column in the center of the board. You can even shift a chip to the right or left one column if it has more connections on one side.
Another difference is that the 10 HP component board has two pads for each component connection. That can often make laying out a circuit easier.
Control Panel Parts
Switches: Standard sub-mini toggle switches, with 2.54mm / 0.1" pin spacing
Buttons: Standard 6x6mm tactile switches, 14 mm or higher
Pots: Alpha style potentiometers, must be raised style (10mm high)
Jacks: WQP-PJ301M12 / Thonkiconn or clones
- MCS Panel Maker
- MCS Control Panel Part Connections Guide
- MCS Circuit Planning Templates
- Sample circuit templates coming soon...